In the material we will analyze monkey tattoo meaning, the meaning and history of this tattoo design. For those who, before going to a tattoo parlor, want to be 100% sure of the idea of their tattoo, after reading the article, we advise you to look through the following sections of the catalog:
- Photo of monkey tattoo
- SKETCHES OF MONKEY TATTOOS
The meaning of a monkey tattoo – everything about the meaning and photos of successful tattoos
Meaning, history meaning of monkey tattoo
Since time immemorial, the monkey has been a symbol of cunning and dexterity. However, depending on the style of the drawing, its color and manner of execution, a tattoo can have a wide variety of meanings. When choosing a tattoo depicting a monkey, you first need to find out what meaning it carries in itself.
Significance of the monkey in different cultures
The animal monkey has a wide variety of meanings in the West and in the East. The image of this animal acquired more positive qualities in eastern countries..
- In China and Tibet, peoples associate their ancestry with this representative of the animal world. According to legends, the ancient god gave birth to a monkey, from which the ancestors of the Tibetan people descended. There, the monkey means playfulness and ambition.
- The Japanese revere monkeys, they believe that the image of such an animal will bring happiness. It was in Japan that the idea of creating three magical monkeys was invented, one of which is depicted with closed eyes, the other with closed ears, and the third with closed mouth. These monkeys protect people from backbiting.
- Buddhism views the monkey symbol as insensitive. They believe that the animal personifies a passion that takes possession of the soul of a person, not allowing him to grow spiritually and comprehend the meaning of life..
- Hindus have elevated the image of a monkey to a sacred status. For them, this animal personifies loyalty and willingness to sacrifice oneself in order to save another person..
- Christianity characterizes the monkey as a manifestation of the worst human qualities: laziness, vanity, lust, sinful life..
Examples of photos:
As you can see, the image of a monkey is completely contradictory, so it makes sense to invest in it the meaning that a person considers necessary.
The main meaning of a monkey tattoo
A monkey is a dexterous, cunning, inquisitive animal. Therefore, such a tattoo is suitable for people who do not like to sit still and get bored. An active lifestyle, constant movement and development, knowledge of everything new, as well as the ability to get dry from any situation – these are the main characteristics of the owner of a tattoo depicting a monkey. These people are friendly, able to come to the rescue, but they can also be narcissistic..
The nature of performance monkey tattoo meaning which is varied, can also be done in a cartoon style. Then, the tattoo will mean ridiculing all human shortcomings: curiosity, some stupidity, rudeness. Therefore, such tattoos are quite rare, due to their inconsistency..
The most significant tattoo depicting this animal will be its execution in the style of three monkeys. Such a tattoo will have a deep meaning. It is a visual expression of all existing denials. Closed eyes, ears and mouth are a symbol of the fact that a person does not want to admit everything negative that is in this world. Therefore, a person with such a tattoo wants to appeal to the true path of the people around him..
Prepared by: Savopulo Ksenia Olegovna